Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Its just a simply "Hi"

Over the years of being such an passionate advocate for myself and those who don't have a voice for themselves.
Being an active person despite my disability I enjoy being out and about shopping, going out to eat and being in my community put it has given me an eye opening that there is a need that perception changes towards people with disabilities.

While out in the community I face with a list of things that to me expresses a list of things.
1. Rolling around in my wheelchair they look at me like omg why is alone..when little do they know they are right behind me
2. The stares.. as if I am in pain and the pity sorry for..don't feel sorry for me I will tell you that I am totally happy.
3. When people talk to who ever I am with regarding  me before they speak to me first.
4. When people ask while can "she talk"
5. When people think whatever I am doing something I am struggling I someone must do everything for me no matter what it is  I get around my barriers an ace it successful.
6. People are afraid of people with disabilities..don't underestimate our disabilities..
7. When people talk to me like I am sitting on my brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment